How to Attach SSAS Database in SQL Server
Nov 15, 2012
In this article we will take a quick look at How to Attach Analysis Services Database. The steps mentioned in this article are applicable on SQL Server 2008 and Higher Versions.
Some of the different ways in which an analysis services database can be moved are mentioned below.
- Using SQL Server Management Studio
- Using XMLA Scripts
- Programmatically Using Analysis Management Objects (AMO)
However, in this article we will take a look at attaching the analysis services database using SQL Server Management Studio and by Using XMLA Script.
Important Note:- To Detach an Analysis Services Database refer the following article "How to Detach SSAS Database in SQL Server"
Attach Analysis Services Database or Attach SSAS Database Using SQL Server Management Studio
1. Connect to Analysis Services Instance Using SQL Server Management Studio
2. Right click Databases and then choose Attach... from the popup to open up Attach Database Dialog box.
3. In Attach Database Dialog box specify the location of OLAP database and specify the password incase if you give at the time of detaching the SSAS database and then click OK to attach the analysis services database. If you want to generate XMLA Script to Attach analysis Database then click on Script and then choose “Script Action to New Query Window” as shown in the below snippet.
XMLA Script to Attach Analysis Services Database in SQL Server 2008 and Higher Versions
<Folder> D:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSAS10_50.MyTechMantra\OLAP\Data\MyTechMantra.0.db\</Folder> <ReadWriteMode xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/analysisservices/2008/engine/100">ReadWrite</ReadWriteMode>
In this article you have seen different methods in which one can attach an Analysis Services (SSAS) database in SQL Server 2008 and higher versions.
Continue Free Learning...
Geeks who read this article also read…
- How to Detach SSAS Database in SQL Server 2008 and Higher Versions
- How to Backup Database in SQL Server
- How to Restore Database in SQL Server
- Performance Dashboard Reports in SQL Server 2012
- How to Attach Database Without a Transaction Log File in SQL Server
- How to Rename SQL Server Stand Alone Instance After Installing SQL Server
- Using SP_SERVER_DIAGNOSTICS Stored Procedure Quickly Gather Diagnostic Data and Health Information in SQL Server 2012
- New Feature in SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services for Developers
- New Features in SQL Server 2012 for Database Administrators
- New Features in SQL Server 2012 for Database Developers
- Why an SQL Server Database from a higher version cannot be restored onto a lower version?
- How to identify if the database was upgraded from a previous version of SQL Server
- Installing SQL Server 2008 R2 on Windows Server 2008 R2
- Using Transparent Data Encryption Feature of SQL Server 2008
- New Date and Time Data Types in SQL Server 2008
- Date and Time Functions in SQL Server 2008
- Configuring Database Instant File Initialization Feature of SQL Server
- Changing the default location of SQL Server Data and Log files
- Changing Default SQL Server Backup Folder in SQL Server 2008
- How to repair a Suspect Database in SQL Server
- Steps to Rebuild System Databases in SQL Server
- How to Get Exclusive Access to SQL Server Database
- Read More SQL Server Articles…