Improved Startup Parameters in SQL Server 2012
Microsoft has improved the configuration of startup parameters in SQL Server 2012 much simpler and easier. In this article we will take a look at the steps to add a Trace Flag 1222 to identify deadlocks in SQL Server 2012 as a Startup Parameter.
How to Add Startup Parameters in SQL Server 2012
Open SQL Server Configuration Manager and click SQL Server Services on the left side panel. Right click SQL Server Service and choose Properties from the drop down menu.
In the SQL Server Properties on the Startup Parameters tab specify a startup parameter as -T1222 and click the Add button to add the parameter to Existing Parameters. Finally to save the settings click OK.
Since SQL Server Configuration Manager writes startup parameters to the registry the changes will only come into effect once you restart SQL Server Database Engine Service.
On a Cluster, the changes must be performed on the active server when the SQL Server is Online and to being the new startup parameter into effect Take the SQL Server Service Offline and then bring it back Online. However, the registry update of the startup option on the secondary node will come into effect once you failover.
How to remove Startup Parameters in SQL Server 2012
If you wish to remove a startup parameter which was added previously then choose the parameter as highlighted in the below snippet and then click the Remove button as highlighted in the below snippet and click OK.
However, don’t forget to restart the SQL Server Database Engine Service to bring this change into effect.
This article gives you an overview of improvements in the configuration of Startup Parameters in SQL Server 2012 . We would recommend you to try these optoions and don't forget to “Share this Article” with your colleagues and friends.
- Performance Dashboard Reports in SQL Server 2012
- Using WITH RESULT SETS Feature of SQL Server 2012
- Indirect Checkpoints in SQL Server 2012
- SQL Server Paging Using OFFSET and FETCH Feature in SQL Server 2012
- Download SQL Server 2012 System Views Map
- Contained Databases SQL Server 2012
- How to Quickly Capture Diagnostic Data and Health Information SQL Server 2012
- SQL Server 2012 Build List
- New Date and Time Functions in SQL Server 2012/a>
- New Features in SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services for Developers
- New Features in SQL Server 2012 for Database Administrators
- New Features in SQL Server 2012 for Database Developers
- Read More SQL Server Articles…