Microsoft Releases SQL Server 2008 Service Pack 4 (SP4)
Sept 30, 2014
Microsoft announces the release of SQL Server 2008 Service Pack 4 (SP4). SQL Server 2008 SP4 and Feature Pack updates are available for download on the Microsoft Download Center.
SQL Server 2008 SP4 contains Cumulative Update 1 to 17 from SQL Server 2008 SP3. The package can be used to upgrade the following SQL Server 2008 editions:
- SQL Server 2008 Enterprise Edition and Developer Edition
- SQL Server 2008 Standard Edition
- SQL Server 2008 Workgroup Edition
Microsoft highly encourages its customers to stay on a supported service pack to ensure they are on the latest and most secure version of SQL Server 2008.
SQL Server 2008 Build List
You can find the complete list of all the Cumulative Updates, Security Patches, and Services Packs of SQL Server 2008 here.
How to Slipstream SQL Server 2008 and a SQL Server 2008 Service Pack 4 (SP4)
If you wish to Slipstream a SQL Server 2008 R2 with Service Pack 3 then we recommend you to read the following article “Creating a merged (slipstreamed) drop containing SQL Server 2008 RTM + Service Pack 1” which explains the steps in details. However, its highly recommended to test the Slipstream Drop on a non-production environment before applying the same in Production Environment.
Microsoft SQL Release Service Blog mentions that Microsoft will not be releasing SQL Server 2008 Express Service Pack 4 (SP4).
- News: Microsoft launches PowerBI as a self-service tool for simplified data analysis and visualizations
- News: Oracle Software on Windows Azure
- News: Melissa Data Announces Move Update Function in Listware for Excel
- SQL Server News: New Idera SQL Elements Automatically Discovers and Tracks Enterprise wide SQL Server Inventory And Health In Under Five Minutes
- SQL Server News: New Free Tool from Idera to Detect SQL Server Database Corruption Issues
- SQL Server News: Melissa Data Announces Community Editions of its Flagship Data Quality Components for SQL Server
- Read More SQL Server News…